Applications for our 2023/24 programme are now open!
Deadline is 24th September 2023
Before completing the application form for the 2023/24 programme, follow these steps:
Step 1: Check your eligibility for the programme
Step 2: Read through our list of placements, and pick your top 3
Step 3: Create a CV using our CV template (if you don’t have one already)
Step 4: Prepare a short paragraph to the questions which will be in the application regarding why you are interested in:
- postgraduate research
- your research subject interests
- the In2research programme
- the 3 placements you have chosen
Step 5: Fill in the application form
Step 6: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview!
Instructions for the Placements Listings form
The Placement Listings form displays all the placements we have available for participants for the 2023/24 programme. You can filter and view the form as many times as you need to find the 3 placements you are interested in.
Step 1: Filter by location – London or Cambridge.
Step 2: Filter by stream – STEM, Arts and Humanities, and Social Sciences.
Step 3: Filter by subject area you are interested in.
Step 4: Read about the placements on offer!
Step 5: Make a note of the placement codes at the start of your chosen placements – you will be asked to provide this on your application form so we know which placements you are interested in. For example (ENGG20)
When reading the placements on offer, make sure to look for:
- Whether the placement has a defined project or not – some placements will have a specific research project already defined. Other projects will be broad in their description and will give you the opportunity to tailor the project around your interests. The latter is a great opportunity if you have a specific interest or skills you want to develop within the broad subject area.
- The placement location – placements take place across London so make sure you can get to the placement from your accommodation before applying for the placement. Accommodation for placements in Cambridge will be provided.
- The dates of availability – for some placements, the host has already identified the dates when they can provide the placement. Make sure you choose a placement you will be available for.
Find placements of interest to you in the below form
Please do not contact placement hosts directly. All placement matching will be done via In2research, following the programme application and selection process.
If you have trouble accessing the form on this page, please click here.