At In2scienceUK, we place a strong emphasis on measuring the impact that our STEM placement programmes have on our students. We are enormously proud to continue delivering outcomes that transform the lives of talented young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
External evaluation shows that young people on the programme have statistically significant increases in key indicators after the programme supporting their knowledge, skills and career progression.
Highlights from our 2023 Impact Report
Volunteer Hosts generously supported students across the 2023 Summer Programme
professional in-person work placements were successfully delivered on the 2023 Summer Programme
student participants reported that the Summer Programme made them more sure of their career aspirations
Discover more in our 2023 Summer Programme Impact Report
Download our Impact Reports below
ZK Analytics showed the programme had a statistically significant and positive impact on our young people which include:
- Young people after the programme feeling that scientists and engineers are like them.
- Significantly more confidence in speaking and networking with STEM professionals and academics.
- Knowing significantly more STEM professionals who can give them advice.
- An increase in their knowledge of the diverse careers and routes into science and engineering careers.
- A significant increase in the ability to write a high-quality personal statement.