The In2scienceUK Programme is designed to provide young people with valuable opportunities to gain insight into the science, technology, engineering and maths sectors as well as the knowledge and confidence to progress to university, apprenticeships and careers. While on our platform, students will encounter researchers, volunteers, In2scienceUK staff and other students. It is important that In2scienceUK participants act professionally and display appropriate behaviour at all times whether on an in-person placement or our virtual platform.
In2scienceUK aims to make sure everyone who participates in our programme knows what is expected of them and feels safe, respected and valued. We know that all students will use their good judgement while on the programme and agree and abide by the Student Code of Conduct.
You are expected to:
- Use your good judgement
- Respect the confidentiality of researcher’s work and ask what you are allowed to share
- Cooperate, listen and be kind to others
- Treat everyone with respect both verbally and in writing
- Be professional and take responsibility for your own behaviour
- Be fully engaged in all tasks and actively participate in discussion
- Be on time for webinars, mentoring and workshops
- Contact your mentor if you will be late or absent for a mentoring session
- Follow the instructions of your mentor and the person delivering the modules
- While participants may wish to keep in touch with each other, do not ask for or give out personal information on the public discussion boards or during webinars and workshops. This includes email addresses, phone numbers etc.
- Contact Stephen, our Safeguarding Lead if you have any concerns at [email protected] or email [email protected]
- Join in and have fun
We will take all reports of inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour seriously. Use of offessensive language and imagery, acting abusive or aggressive towards anyone, bullying or harassing others, or engaging in otherwise disrespectful behavior, are strictly forbidden on this programme. Failure to adhere to the Student Code of Conduct may result in a student losing their place on the programme.
To protect the health and safety of all participants, everyone is expected to show that they have read, understood and agreed to follow the code of conduct, and that they understand the consequences of inappropriate behaviour in order to participate on the In2scienceUK programme.