during the programme?
- Attend a 2 week work placement to work on cutting edge research alongside STEM professionals at their workplace
- Develop a project and learn a number of scientific techniques and theories
- Attend workshops including ‘STEM careers’, ‘How to get into a top university’ and subject enhancement days
- Bursaries are available to cover travel expenses
This unique experience will give you insight
into the STEM sector and the skills, knowledge and confidence
to successfully apply to a STEM degree
Who is eligible?
Our programme is designed to support students from low socioeconomic backgrounds with a passion for STEM subjects.
You may be eligible if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Receive Education Maintenance Allowance or Pupil Premium
- Received Free School Meals in year 11 or receive Free Meals at sixth form
- Have parents who do not have a university degree
Students need to be available for at least 2 weeks in the summer holidays and should live within a reasonable commute (60 minutes) of one of our placement locations throughout southern England
as we do not organise accommodation for students.
Watch our videos to find out more
in2scienceUK provides over 1000 STEM placements
of in2scienceUK participants have progressed to University
of in2scienceUK participants progress to a top university
of in2scienceUK participants would recommend an in2scienceUK placement to others