in2scienceUKorganises two week Science, technology,
engineering and maths (STEM) placements
for year 12 students during the summer holiday.
during an placement?
- During the placement you will work on cutting edge research alongside STEM scientists
- You will work on a project and learn a number of scientific techniques and science theories.
- Attend workshops including ‘STEM careers’ and ‘tips on how to get into a top University’
- You will receive a bursary to pay for your lunch and travel expenses
This unique experience aims to give you insight into
the STEM sector as well as the skills, knowledge and
confidence to successfully apply to a STEM degrees
Who is eligible?
This programme is for students from low socio economic backgrounds with a passion for STEM subjects.
If you fulfil the following criteria you may apply for this scheme:
- You receive EMA or are Free School Meal eligible in year 11 and/or
- Have parents who do not have a University degree
- Have a minimum of 6 Bs at GCSE and passes in Maths and English.
- Live within 1 hour 15 mins of London or Oxford. We do not organise accommodation for students.
How do I gain
simply fill out the application form here
what happens next?
Following applications, students are shortlisted in May and invited to attend a short interview to meet the in2scienceUK co-ordinator. This will enable us to learn more about your science interests and you can learn more about the scheme.
previous students’ experiences
“I was proud of what I had achieved and I now have a better understanding of what research science was all about.”
"This invaluable and enjoyable experience at UCL enabled me to gain an insight into how scientific research works both theoretically and practically."
“It was not just about completing experiments; I also met some really inspiring people”
in2scienceUK provides over 100 STEM placements
of in2scienceUK participants have progressed to University
of in2scienceUK participants progress to a Russell Group University
of in2scienceUK participants would recommend an in2scienceUK placement to others