Considering a PhD?
Then get In2research!
The In2research programme includes workshops, mentoring, away days and a funded summer research placement in a top university.
Alongside adding research experience to your portfolio, you will receive practical advice and guidance on successful PhD applications from an experienced mentor, improving your employability in the research sector.
This page is for people interested applying to In2research. If you want to become a mentor on the In2research programme, go here.
To be eligible for the In2research Programme, you must:
- Be a British resident, have refugee status or indefinite leave to remain
- Currently studying a STEM undergraduate degree or already have an undergraduate degree in STEM
- Be able to work full-time in a research placement in London for an 8-week period between June and August
- Meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Parents or carers who did not hold a Higher Education qualification when you applied for university
- Previously been a recipient of Free School Meals at school or sixth form
- From a disadvantaged background including low-income households and/or experience of care
- Have a passion for any area of STEM!
If you want to discuss your eligibility, please get in touch with us at [email protected]
During the summer placement, all students will receive a tax-free stipend of £3068, equivalent to London Living Wage.
Applications will close on 30 September 2021.
If you want to find out more, why not come along to our online information event on Wednesday 15 September? Book your ticket now!
The In2research Programme
Starting in November 2021, the programme runs alongside your studies or work and will offer guidance on how to pursue postgraduate research in STEM.
Participate in online workshops by leading academics to help you develop key skills for your professional development. These workshops will cover PhD applications, research funding, and more!
Small online group mentor sessions will allow you to build on the skills developed in workshops and apply them to your specific subject area. We match your mentor based on your interests in STEM, who will provide you with individual feedback and advice.
Attend an inspiring in person away day in London where you will meet your cohort, share experiences and gain top tips from world experts.
Choose from a range of world-leading research groups in London and Cambridge and join them for a fully funded 8-week placement.
Participants on the programme may not all choose a career in research but they should have access to the knowledge that enables them to choose what is right for them. In2research is a key way of facilitating this.”Professor Martina Callaghan
Principal Investigator (Physics) and Deputy Director, Wellcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging, UCL
What will you gain by taking part?
Understanding of the day-to-day of a PhD student and various other research jobs
The ability and opportunity to network with STEM professionals
Applicable skills for any STEM career, including CV and cover letter writing, analysis of research papers, and more